Sting is an accelerator for startups. We are a non-profit organisation, owned by a public-private foundation. This makes us an independent, founder-centric player who always acts based on what’s best for your startup.
Sting has been around since 2002, supporting hundreds of promising Stockholm-based startups. We have also taken an active part in developing several key components of the startup ecosystem in Stockholm and Sweden for the past 19 years.
We’ve been named the Best Accelerator in the Nordics and the Main Runway for Startups in Stockholm.
NUMBER OF STARTUPS
FUNDING RAISED (MEUR)
COMBINED VALUATION (EUR)
Owners and organisation
Sting is owned by a public-private foundation, the Electrum Foundation.
The Electrum Foundation Board consists of representatives from the business sector (Ericsson, IBM and real estate owners), academia (KTH, Stockholm University and Swedish ICT) and the public sector (the City of Stockholm, Stockholm County Council and County Administrative Board).
Sting’s activities are financed with public funds, from Electrum and our main partners Vinnova, KTH, Stockholm County Council and Stockholm Region; and with private funding from partners, as well as through self-funding.
Being a non-profit organisation, all proceeds go straight back to the programs to help new startups become successful. It is a way for each participating company to “pay it forward”
Board of Directors, Stockholm Innovation & Growth AB
- Staffan Ingvarsson, chairman, Stockholm Business Region
- Lisa Ericsson, KTH Innovation
- Johanna Engman, Electrum Foundation
Sting Advisory Board
These members take an active part in furthering Sting’s startup support by sharing their ideas and network with Sting. The Advisory Board also focuses on how to tackle strategic challenges facing the startup ecosystem in Stockholm.
- Johan Attby, Fishbrain [LinkedIn]
- Therese Bohlin, Prime PR [LinkedIn]
- Erik Byrenius, private investor [LinkedIn]
- Kerstin Cooley, Brightly Ventures [LinkedIn]
- Giovanni Fili, Exeger [LinkedIn]
- Ludvig Linge, privat investor [LinkedIn]
- David Sonnek, Industrifonden [LinkedIn]
- Henrik Torstensson, Lifesum [LinkedIn]
- Caroline Walerud, Volumental [LinkedIn]