Retriever buys the social media startup RelationDesk
In a press release, the media analysis company Retriever announces that they have bought the social media success RelationDesk and as a result now offers a complete solution for companies and organizations that wish to work integrated with their communication.
– We complement each other’s operations and together we will create a customer offering that will become the new industry standard, says Robert Söderling, CEO of Retriever.
RelationDesk has developed the market’s strongest offering for managing customer dialogues and monitoring in social channels. This means that organizations can publish posts, manage the dialogues in a structured manner and analyze the efforts, all in one and the same service.
– Through the acquisition of RelationDesk, we become the only player that can offer a complete solution for handling traditional and social media. It is something that has been demanded by our customers and will become the new industry standard, says Robert Söderling.
– Together with RelationDesk, our customers will have a complete overview of what is said about them in all channels, while they can participate in the dialogue on social media in a structured way, and analyze the outcome, he adds.
RelationDesk has had organic growth since 2012 and is today a profitable company that has some of the largest Swedish companies in its customer base, such as Swedbank and SAS.
– We will continue to operate RelationDesk as our own brand. But with Retriever as an owner, we get more muscles to drive development and innovation. Together with Retriever, we will now fully invest in establishing ourselves in all the Nordic countries, where Retriever already has a strong position, says Fritjof Andersson, founder and CEO of RelationDesk.
Retriever, which is owned by TT News Agency and the Norwegian counterpart NTB, has had rapid growth and is today the market leader in media monitoring and analysis in the Nordic region. The last few years, the company has had a strong focus on social media, and has, among other things, launched new solutions for guarding podcasts as well as archiving services in that field.
– This acquisition is in line with our strategy. We will continue to strengthen our position regarding our core business, while we have an extra focus on our social media offering and have created the market’s strongest analysis offer for our customers, says Robert Söderling.
– The deal with RelationDesk is something that feels right. We have had several choices about our social media offering, but with RelationDesk we found a perfect match. Their strong platform and expertise in the area combined with our expertise, platform and organization feels perfect, he adds.