OPEN CALL: €50,000 to develop your web-based project idea
Are you a web entrepreneur, techie or student looking for your next big thing? Discover FIWARE as an efficient development library for daily business, use a mentor’s expertise and benefit from financial support from EU to kick start your entrepreneurial journey today.
STING is a partner of Speed UP! Europe, a disruptive acceleration and support programme providing financial support as well as coaching to SMEs and web entrepreneurs looking to develop highly innovative applications upon the FIWARE technology in the areas of agriculture business, smart cities and clean tech.
100 selected projects will be granted €50,000 + coaching during 9 months
- The €50,000 is a grant with no repayment expected, nor do you need to give away shares in your project
- This will cover development of software and equipment, travel expenses, rent of facilities, accommodation costs (if relevant)
- During the entire programme, approved projects will be supported by one of the nine European business support organizations that are involved in Speed UP! Europe. STING is the support organization for Sweden.
- Every project team will be appointed a mentor and a coach to help them during the programme, which can last up to 9 months.
- Project ideas must be in the areas of agriculture business, smart cities or clean tech.
- Project ideas must be based on a FIWARE application.
- Project team must include three to five members, ideally providing both technical and business skills.
- Project team must come from a country that is part of the 7th Framework Programme (Sweden does).
- Ideas will be evaluated on the team quality, on their economical and societal impact of the project and on the innovative use of FIWARE.
- An innovative, open cloud-based infrastructure for cost-effective creation and delivery of Future Internet applications and services.
- An alternative to existing proprietary Internet platforms as those provided by Amazon or Google.
- In FI-WARE, APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) specifications are public and royalty-free, supported by open source reference implementations.
> More info at www.fi-ware.org
Deadline: Upload your application before December 10th, 2014
Start: The 100 best projects and teams are selected January 15th, 2015
Contact at the Stockholm Hub:
Amelie Furborg, firstname.lastname@example.org, 070-415 64 67
Speed UP! Europe is a project funded by EU’s 7th Framework Programme for Science and Technological Development under FP7-2013-ICT-FI.