Today, WeWork announces the official launch of WeWork Labs in Stockholm, starting June 2019. Labs is a startup program to provide young entrepreneurs with space, content and community. In Stockholm, WeWork partners with Sting. Within the partnership, graduating startups from the Sting network will be offered further growth support in WeWork Labs.
Labs is already integrated in over 50 WeWork locations across the world, among its global partners are companies such as Techstars, Mastercard and Mercer. Participating members rent a desk in WeWork Labs and can flexibly join or leave the community. WeWork does not take equity.
WeWork Labs is dedicated to supporting start-ups through a four-pillar-program:
- Programming: Labs provides a range of tools that give startups a multi-layered support system, including a content platform with templates and online courses, a mentorship program, and customized events and workshops based on individual needs.
- Global access: WeWork Labs has 50+ locations across the globe, providing startups with access to investors and corporate partners, as well as an immediate network of 400,000+ WeWork members for building global brand awareness.
- Workspace: Labs members enjoy dedicated workspaces in WeWork Urban Escape, designed for startups and corporate partners to work, ideate, and collaborate with their own teams, other startups, and industry expert
- Community: The Labs community is fostered through tailored support and relationship-building by a dedicated Labs Manager in each space, a super-connector with startup experience, along with global tools that align startups and entrepreneurs with the connections necessary to help them grow their businesses
– Stockholm is one of the best cities for early stage acceleration, renowned for the support it already provides to young entrepreneurial talent, with great academic programs and accelerators. We aim to become a launch pad for this talent, allowing more mature startups to expand internationally. With Wework’s global footprint and our exchange program to more than 50 Labs locations around the world, we have the best resources to prepare startups for an international launch – whether in Germany, China or the United States, says Thijs Sprangers, Head of WeWork Labs in Northern Europe.
– We are thrilled about our new partnership. What distinguishes WeWork is that with 425 spaces in 100 cities, they have an infrastructure and global network of valuable corporates that will provide valuable support to Sting companies to more easily establish themselves around the world, says Pär Hedberg, CEO and founder of Sting.
WeWork Labs will provide desks for around 80 Swedish entrepreneurs. The model is aimed at a large number of industries and phases, including pre-accelerators and post-accelerators.
Member companies pay a membership fee and can cancel their membership on a monthly basis. WeWork does not take any equity. Participants of the Labs program also benefit from weekly community events, discounts on business services such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and more, and the opportunity to network with potential new customers and investors – directly on site at WeWork locations or virtually via the member app, which connects 400,000 WeWork members worldwide.
> More about WeWork Labs