Fishbrain-founder Johan Attby, Northzone partner and HelloFresh-founder Jessica Nilsson, and Lifesum-founder and business angel Henrik Torstensson are three big names who become members of STING’s newly formed Advisory Board. Together, they will contribute to STING’s and Stockholm’s long-term development and support for startups.
A fourth member of STING’s advisory board, Volumental-founder Caroline Walerud, was a STING company in 2012-2014 and now returns to the incubator together with eight other significant names to help develop an even better support for startups. Other members include Kerstin Cooley, CEO of Moor, Maria Rankka, CEO of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, and Online Pizza-founder and business angel Erik Byrenius.
In addition to coming up with new ideas on how STING can develop its support for startups, the advisors will also handle strategic challenges for the ecosystem in Stockholm, and help to consolidate the vision of Stockholm as Europe’s startup capital.
– We have created an advanced forum to brainstorm and evaluate ideas about STING’s long-term development. It is a meeting place for prominent people from different parts of the startup ecosystem in Stockholm that will provide new connections and a dynamic exchange of ideas, says Pär Hedberg, founder and CEO of STING (Stockholm Innovation & Growth).
– STING is a vital and important part of the flourishing Stockholm startup ecosystem. STING fosters and provides early funding for many entrepreneurs, coaching them to turn their brilliant ideas into companies with great business potential. I’m super excited to join the STING Advisory Board and bring my learnings as a serial entrepreneur with experience from both Stockholm and Silicon Valley. Stockholm has the potential to become the second startup capital of the world and I want STING to play a key role in making this happen, says Johan Attby, founder and CEO of Fishbrain.
Here is the full list of STING’s Advisory Board:
- Johan Attby, founder and CEO, Fishbrain
- Erik Byrenius, angel investor, founder of Online Pizza
- Kerstin Cooley, CEO, Capital Moor
- Giovanni Fili, CEO, Exeger
- Jessica Nilsson, Partner Northzone and founder of HelloFresh
- Maria Rankka, CO, Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
- Henrik Torstensson, founder and CEO, Lifesum
- Caroline Walerud, co-founder and CEO, Volumental
- Johanna Wollert Melin, co-founder and COO, Trice Imaging
STING has since 2002 helped talented people to transform their business ideas into successful businesses. STING has supported close to 200 startups, of which 72 percent will continue to evolve and grow today. Together they have a turnover of SEK 1.1 billion, of which 90 percent comes from exports, and has created over 1200 jobs.