Dream Theater’s Jordan Rudess joins smartguitar startup MIND Music Labs
MIND Music Labs, recently namned “Most Promising Music Startup of 2016” thanks to its SENSUS SmartGuitar, is glad to announce the entry of Dream Theater’s keyboardist and music tech entrepreneur Jordan Rudess as an active partner in the company.
Voted “Best Keyboardist of All Time” by the readers of MusicRadar.com, since 1999 Jordan Rudess is a steady member of progressive metal band Dream Theater, with whom he has released nine albums for a total of more than 10 million records sold worldwide.
Since 2010, Jordan also plays an important role in the music tech scene as the founder of Wizdom Music, a software company focusing on the creation of innovative music apps.
Jordan joins MIND Music Labs’ partners and investors team, composed by other veterans from the music and technology world:
- Jacob Key – Former VP of Digital Strategy Europe for Warner Music
- Ludvig Linge – Co-founder of The Astonishing Tribe, acquired by BlackBerry in 2010
- Per Brilioth – CEO of Vostok New Ventures LTD
- Marcelo Benitez – Founder of Proaltus Capital Partners L.
- Mats Georgson – former Brand Director for Ericsson, founder of the Bluetooth brand
– My first experience with SENSUS SmartGuitar was incredible: the guitar world is about to change, and the whole musical instruments world with it. I am happy to be part of the great team that will bring forward this revolution, says MIND’s new partner Jordan Rudess.
– Jordan is one of the World’s greatest rockstars and music innovators, and we are extremely proud of having him in our team: his contribution will be fundamental in creating new musical experiences that will bring instruments to the next step of their evolution, says MIND’s founder and CEO Michele Benincaso.
Founded in Stockholm in 2014, MIND Music Labs released SENSUS SmartGuitar’s first music video in May 2016, totalling more than two million views in one week. In June, it was awarded as “Most Promising Music Startup of 2016” at Midem, Europe’s leading music industry event, and received the 2nd prize at Sónar Barcelona music festival.
SENSUS SmartGuitar is at the same time a guitar, a wireless digital audio workstation and a smart Internet of Things device. It boosts artists expressivity allowing them to add infinite modulations to their music, share their performances online in HD or take advantage of its connectivity to add new levels of interaction to live acts.
> Read more about MIND Music Labs: www.mindmusiclabs.com