Opportunities to get involved and invest in STING’s startups
Would you like to know more about Stockholm’s new innovative companies? There are a number of ways to learn about and get involved in the high-growth companies in STING.
For private investors –
the business angel network STING Business Angels
STING Business Angels (SBA) is an exclusive business angel network connected to STING. The members have had experience from building successful technology companies and have an interest in investing in and helping to develop new innovation companies. The members of the network have invested in the following STING companies, as an example:
What do you get as a member?
- The opportunity to invest in and get to know STING’s unique range of promising and carefully selected tech startups. Investment proposals presented to the members are primarily startups who have been accepted on one of STING’s programmes. The companies are normally looking for capital not exceeding 5 million SEK.
- Participation in a network consisting of some of Sweden’s leading technology entrepreneurs.
− Opportunity to find new investment partners
− Opportunity to exchange contacts
− Opportunity to recommend your own cases to join STING and later become ”investable” for the members
- Opportunity to invest in STING Capital during the periods the fund is open for new investors.
- Invitations to exclusive social activities with the network (at least 4 times a year).
Membership in SBA is offered based on availability and with the idea that the network should have a good mix of industry experience and investment profiles. Today the network has 35 members.
Since starting in 2003 STING Business Angels has invested in 26 companies and represents approximately 100 million SEK in direct investments in STING companies and in STING Capital, STING’s venture capital fund.
SBA’s members are expected to have:
- · Previous experience of building innovative technology companies
- · Interest and desire to contribute to the development of new high-growth companies
- · An investment capacity of 200 000-700 000 SEK per project and year
- · An intention to invest in one of the companies presented to SBA over a 1-2 year period. The number of projects presented may be up to 10 per year and you as an individual decide which companies you want to invest in. You do not however make a formal commitment to make a certain number of investments.
Get in touch
If you would like to know more about the membership criteria for SBA, how the network is organised and investments carried out then please contact Pär Hedberg, CEO at STING: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities for venture capital companies
Would your venture capital company like to get to know STING’s entrepreneurs and their innovative companies better? Then you have the opportunity to request a gathering where a handful of selected STING companies pitch and you have plenty of time to ask questions and discuss business concepts without other venture capitalists present. Please contact Pär Hedberg, CEO at STING, to discuss opportunities: email@example.com.
> STING Day, Sweden’s largest networking event for entrepreneurs, investors and industry is held at the start of May each year. More than 70 external and STING startups exhibit and pitch. STING Day was held for the first time in 2010 and has since grown to become a must-attend event for both Swedish and international players. You can read more about STING Day here.
> Take Off is arranged three times a year when startups leave STING and become an alumni company. Then the companies talk about their journey and future and investors are invited to join over lunch.
> STING Demo Day is held twice a year where approximately eight Internet/media companies present from the STING Accelerate (previously FastForward) program. All startups present their progress for an audience of venture capitalists and business angels.
Would you like to join?
Please contact Linda Wellgrant, Event Manager at STING: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s happening at STING companies?
Keep yourself in the loop with what’s happening at STING and STING companies by subscribing to our newsletter which is published six times a year. Please click on the link and fill in the form to subscribe.